Tuesday 27 August 2013

Sen, the Triplon Warrior

Because of the fantasy challenge over at Art of Darkness, I've awoken an old fantasy world of mine. Back in the day when I got interested in girls, the good old female warrior fantasy didn't escape me either and I managed to get hold of those Xena series, you know? And off course Vallero's stuff was perfect material to fuck up my innocent mind even more. But something didn't sit right with me. All those fantasy warrior seemed far to perfect and clean, too skinny and too frail for those big ass swords and spears. I like fantasies, but if it becomes too unrealistic, it stops making sense and becomes hard to relate to it. 
So then I created my own world, drawing pictures of them with pen and pencil, where women rule the day with swords, and obviously butt-nekkid! But sheesh, what kind of a woman do you have to be to do that?? In Africa many tribes still walk around stark naked, or at least half naked. But what about female warriors? Although its not common, females have been known to take up arms, and some quite effectively. You'd have to be a mentally strong person to detach yourself from the social norm. But what if the social norm expect you to fight. Matriarchal societies do exist, but how violent can they get? And what about the technical issues? A little brainstorming: for a world like this to exist, first of all it would have to be quite far from any modern technology, perhaps some decent metal work and leather crafting for arm bracers and belts. But the personalities of these ladies would have to be a very aggressive one, part intimidation and theatricals, and less emphasis on sexual appeal. Or maybe that is just it, the sexual appeal is their  intimidation factor. I love intimidating women, not a dominatrix, but a woman that knows what she wants and will do anything to get it. They are downright sexy. If you manage to be a man around them, then you're in business!
This is Sen, she lives on Triplon, a tropical planet nearby. She is born into the Egaera tribe, west of the Eden Lands. Their traditions and customs are brutal and aggressive. Fighting, rape and death is the norm. Sen is a formidable fighter, but she doesn't seem to fit in. So she escapes into the heart of the Eden Lands to find out why.










2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with the original sketch artworks. I used to childishly laugh at Xena needing to wear protective breast plates. Her legs, butt, stomach and face totally exposed, but don't you dare scratch her boobs in a sword battle.

    I'm always trying to develope futuristic stuff so this is far out of my cognitive range of fantasy dwellings. Amazing works. Look at that lizard's junk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, you really have a clear direction on where you want to go with this. i could not agree with you more about liking strong women (emotionally and mentally not so much physically). Which is probably why I have such an affinity for female front women in Metal bands?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, because of a sudden influx of spam, I need to moderate comments from now on, unfortunately. I'll try find a work-around in the meanwhile. Cheers!