Really, what is so bad about buying stuff? No wonder we're in a financial crisis :P
I just wanna say that every $20 that all you fans have invested in me, is being put to good use:
- I'm getting a strong battery system to protect my computers from power surges, plus I can carry on working during a power cut.
- and I am getting the necessary software (yes, PAID) to improve what I've done.
- I am also helping my mom repair her house, paint job, new roofing tiles etc,
- I'm helping our cook with some new roofing sheets.
- All the money from the comics went into two very strong computers and a comfortable office chair, allowing me to render much faster than before, speeding up my production.
- And off course beer :) helps with production efficiency too haha
Pirates: 'Sharing', sigh, yeah I know the arguments. Let me tell you a story. I live in a country where the clothing industry was thriving back in the 70s, this place was known for its tailors and clothing markets (like in India). But ever since the west decided that all people down here were helpless, naked poor buggers they sent containers full of second-hand clothing. Generous, right? to share your clothing? Well, it entirely killed the tailoring market here. Now there are just a few tailors left, and they're very expensive. But some tailors even died because they went bankrupt and couldn't afford medication, and that is no bullshit. That is what sharing can also do.
So yeah, go ahead, be noble, take pride, but do think about it first, you, the pirate, might be killing business somewhere, and maybe even a life (I know of a 3D artist that is struggling with health problems right now, and her work is all over the internet, for $0), and forcing software to become more expensive to cover the cost and to pay for someone to track you down. If you were even more succesful with pirating my comics, there wouldn't have been a Lali's Bits for you to steal.
So anyway, me and my lawyers are doing a bit of research, and it seems that we can legally get hold of the 'right info' and start sending some bills. Two sites have already conceded to help.
So, please, just leave it ok? I've got better things to do than run around and slap wrists.
Its only $20.