Friday 7 December 2012

Progress Report: pure hell

So making your dolly all perfect and sexy is one thing, its just the beginning... making an INJ is like making the LEM Module for the Appollo 11! There is some software that makes an attempt, but its all bits and pieces. No-one seems to want the convenience of everything in one go. DAZ's Injection Magic was almost there but doesn't allow for props.

Despite everything, I almost managed to get an INJ file made. Until I discovered small oddities in the morphs and JCMs, and some of the prop morphs are entirely messed up. So random! Why didn't Smith Micro make a utility that makes INJ files? You'd expect more from a $500 application calling itself PRO...? I mean you've got the whole package to make a product, but nothing to export it for sale?

Luckily the original Lali's Bits are safe and sound. But I'm afraid I'm going to have to outsource this to someone that knows more about the hell called pz2. Any tips anyone?

Off to bed now

4 comments:

  1. You might find this thread an interesting read: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2707794&page=1

    Without knowing more about the actual problems you're running into I can't say if it will be helpful. I would bet Cage could possibly help you out or point you in the right direction as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Just got help from someone that's completely into this. Hope it helps. Checking the link now.

      Delete
  2. Arduino use the same thing with V4 WWG, morphing prop parented with the body morphs, ask for him ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe. I found his website. I'll see how things go now, otherwise I'll contact him.

      Delete

Hey, because of a sudden influx of spam, I need to moderate comments from now on, unfortunately. I'll try find a work-around in the meanwhile. Cheers!